We are always looking for driven and capable people to join our product engineering team. One person can make a big impact here, and that’s what we expect — everyone brings their “A” game, and everyone makes a difference with what we deliver to our customers. We’re passionate about building a product that solves major problems, and our small but mighty team innovates fast and is never afraid to try something new.
Beyond Payroll, the parent company of analytic.li and HireCredit, is breaking new ground in workforce analytics, tax credit automation, and data integration technologies. We're solving really difficult data-related problems that have plagued employers for decades. After less than two years in business, our two products have been named partners of Kronos, one of the largest payroll, HR, and timekeeping companies in the world; analytic.li has been recognized as the advanced analytics partner for Kronos Workforce Ready, and HireCredit has been named the preferred tax credit processor for Kronos Workforce Dimensions.
So...we're growing! We're looking for a new developer to join our engineering team. As a Platform Developer, you'll work with our senior engineers to design and implement various platform services, APIs, product features, and ETL technologies. Familiarity with API design, ETL principles, and microservices design patterns will serve you well — as will a desire to solve big problems, play with new tech, and invent new ways of doing things. You'll be joining a highly experienced and collaborative engineering team with diverse backgrounds. We relish the opportunity to learn from each other and we're proud to be making such a big impact in our industry.
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to chat with you. Please send us a note and we'll be in touch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product team to design and launch new product/platform features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Champion and respect the correct processes for code creation, review, merging, and deployment.
- Research and test new technologies/frameworks as necessary to support new features or platform scalability and security.
- Execute development tasks in support of new features, platform stability, and security.
- Help create libraries and toolsets as necessary to enable efficiency and consistency within the development team.
- Ensure security and data protection by following best practices and aiding senior leadership in designing appropriate data security strategies.
- Provide technical insight and support for the needs of QA, Product Management, and Sales/Marketing.
- An overall team player willing to jump and support wherever possible across all functional areas of the business.
- A guardian of our culture actively participating to ensure a great employee and team experience.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- A background in building/working on SaaS (Software as a Service) product platforms and APIs
- 3+ years experience in C#/.NET
- A working knowledge of SQL
- Experience designing/implementing systems that operate with business data for purposes of reporting and analytics
- Highly experienced with modern software design patterns and best practices like MVC, REST APIs, encryption
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent process implementation and task prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you have these, you have a leg up on the competition!
- Have an appetite/interest for new tech like machine learning and natural language processing
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Familiarity with Git
- CSS/implementing designs for web UIs
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with DevOps (build pipelines, release management, infrastructure automation)
- Experience administering Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience deploying on and working with Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- Local to Indianapolis, IN