Beyond Payroll, the parent company of analytic.li and HireCredit, is breaking new ground in workforce analytics, tax credit automation, and data integration technologies. We're solving really difficult data-related problems that have plagued employers (and those who serve them) for decades. After just two years in business, our products have been named partners of Kronos, one of the largest payroll, HR, and timekeeping companies in the world; analytic.li has been recognized as the advanced analytics partner for Kronos Workforce Ready, and HireCredit has been named the preferred tax credit processor for Kronos Workforce Dimensions.
So...we're growing! We're looking for a new developer to join our engineering team. As an Application Developer, you'll work with our senior engineers to design and implement various platform services, APIs, and product features. Familiarity with API design and microservices design patterns will serve you well — as will a desire to solve big problems, play with new tech, and invent new ways of doing things. You'll be joining a highly experienced and collaborative engineering team with diverse backgrounds. We relish the opportunity to learn from each other and we're proud to be making such a big impact in our industry.
If this at all sounds interesting, we'd love to chat with you. Please send a message to email@example.com along with your LinkedIn profile or resume.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product team to design and launch new product/platform features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Champion and respect the correct processes for code creation, review, merging, and deployment.
- Research and test new technologies/frameworks as necessary to support new features or platform scalability and security.
- Execute development tasks in support of new features, platform stability, and security.
- Help create libraries and toolsets as necessary to enable efficiency and consistency within the development team.
- Ensure security and data protection by following best practices and aiding senior leadership in designing appropriate data security strategies.
- Provide technical insight and support for the needs of QA, Product Management, and Sales/Marketing.
- An overall team player willing to jump and support wherever possible across all functional areas of the business.
- A guardian of our culture actively participating to ensure a great employee and team experience.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- A background in building/working on SaaS (Software as a Service) product platforms and APIs
- 3+ years experience in C#/.NET
- A working knowledge of SQL
- Highly experienced with modern software design patterns and best practices like MVC, REST APIs, encryption
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent process implementation and task prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you have these, you have a leg up on the competition!
- Familiarity with Git
- Light CSS/web UI experience
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Azure DevOps (build pipelines, release management, infrastructure automation)
- Experience deploying on and working with Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure
- Local to Indianapolis, IN